- Hyogo Agri Life Center
What is "agri life"?
- Agri life is a new lifestyle advocated by Hyogo Prefecture that aims to establish closer familiarity with food and farming while also encouraging people to engage in more human-like lifestyles, through farming experiences and interactions with agricultural, mountain and fishing communities.
About "Hyogo Agri Life Center"
- Hyogo Agri Life Center offers programs that allow residents to casually experience farm work, agricultural product processing and practical agricultural training. We also have a restaurant offering buffet-style lunches that feature dishes made using local seasonal vegetables and a direct sales store selling local agricultural products. Visitors come here in search of a more fulfilling lifestyle where they can feel closer to agriculture and enjoy food even more by engaging in farming and dining experiences. We look forward to your visit.
- Processing facility building
- The processing facility“Cucina Kande”
“Cucina Kande” is a nickname for our processing facility. The Local Agricultural Processing GroupAgri Life Local Practice Group , which is organized by local farmers, produces processed agricultural products using locally grown food ingredients and also holds events for visitors to experience food processing.
The word “cucina” means kitchen in Italian, the country where slow foods originated. The products processed at the facility are also sold at the direct sales store, Kirameki Kande.
- Agricultural equipment exhibition warehouse
- The agricultural equipment exhibition warehouse displays various equipment used for farming in the past and today.
- Agricultural machine rental services
- We offer rentals of agricultural machines (two-wheel tractors), and people with home gardens or those thinking of working in agriculture can rent them for as short as a day.
Learn about agriculture and put it into practice
We run a direct sales store and a restaurant that serves dishes using fresh agricultural products grown at Hyogo Agri Life Center or in local regions.
Agri restaurant – Village of Nurturing“Kande Kande”
This naturalist restaurant at Hyogo Agri Life Center is based on the concept of food education. Visitors can enjoy a buffet-style lunches offering around 40 different creative dishes from Japanese and international cuisines that use fresh, locally grown vegetables. Please enjoy this healthy menu that brings out the delicious flavors of the ingredients.
- Number of seats
- 112 (tables only)
- Opening hours
- Open every day except New Year’s (also open on Wednesdays) from 11am to 4pm. with a 90-minute time limit.
- We accept reservations made by the previous day (same-day seating is available only at the restaurant’s front desk on the day of your visit).
*Groups that are participating in any of the programs or visiting for observation purposes on the same day must make a restaurant reservation through Hyogo Agri Life Center.
【The story behind the name of the restaurant】
Since the restaurant is based on the concept of food education and agricultural food activities, we wanted it to be a place where visitors can experience the fun of eating and “nurture” this sense of enjoyment. In addition, we are located next to a satoyama area, a good place to look back on nature in the good old days, and since the word “sato” means “village”, we came up with the name Village of Nurturing. The other half of the name, “Kande” is partly derived from the name of the region, Kande, which legends say is where many gods were born, and is also a play on the word “to chew” – in other words, to encourage people to chew well when eating.
Direct sales store – Agri Market “Kirameki Kande”
The store sells fresh vegetables and fruits produced by local farmers (Agri Life Local Practice Group Direct Sales Sub-Committee [including the Agri School “Working in Agriculture” course]) as well as vegetables grown at the Hyogo Agri Life Center. Processed foods such as freshly baked bread and confectionary produced at the processing facility, Cucina Kande, are also sold fresh. We look forward to your visit.
- Opening hours
- 10am to 4pm (closed on Wednesdays)
- 30-17 Kosokuno Kande-cho Nishi-ku Kobe
- approx. 14 hectares
- Hyogo Public Corporation for Green Management and Agriculture Department oversees general management and operations and cooperates with participating organizations to carry out proposed projects.
- TOHO Co., Ltd.／restaurant, farming experience (vegetables, mushrooms), satoyama maintenance experience program
- Oinokuchi Contract Farming Group／farming experience (fruit trees)
- Agri Life Local Practice Group／agricultural products processing experience, direct sales of agricultural products
- Agricultural Machinery Sales Co.,Ltd.／agricultural machine rental, agricultural equipment exhibition
- Opening hours
- 9am to 5pm (restaurant: 11am to 4pm)
- every Wednesday, December 29 - January 3, and if Wednesday is a national holiday, the next day will be closed instead; the restaurant remains open on Wednesdays
- Entrance fee
- free (can park around 200 cars; parking for large buses also available)
- Farming experience program
- please make a reservation in advance
- By bus
- From JR Akashi station, take the Shinki Bus (for Mikiyashiro) (33 minutes), get off at Oinokuchi and walk 15 minutes
- From the Seishin-chuo subway station, take the Shinki Bus (for Miki) (17 minutes), get off at Oinokuchi and walk 15 minutes
- By car
- From Tamatsu IC, take National Route 175 and head north for 20 minutes
- From Miki/Ono IC, take National Route 175 and head south for 20 minutes